T: +93202202475 / +93789314616
- Science graduate 1988 session from Punjab University Pakistan with majors in mathematics and Physics.
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1994 from ICAP
- Experience managing sizable assignment portfolio including auditing / assurance, corporate and public financial management, transaction advisory, risk assessment and system reviews
- Joined Grant Thornton Afghanistan in August 2010 as the country head of practice and was later admitted as partner of the practice in 2013
- Prior to this worked with KPMG Afghanistan as Director Audit & Financial Advisory Services
- Managed my own practice as a partner in SMM Chartered Accountants in Pakistan and before that was serving with Ernst & Young Bahrain and Grant Thornton Pakistan.
- Major experiences are in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Middle East
Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP)
Saqib has been with Grant Thornton Afghanistan for over 7 years as the country head of practice and was later on admitted as vice president and partner of the practice in 2013.
Key skills include financial reporting in accordance with various accounting standards like IFRS, IAS, IPSAS, U.S. GAAP etc., assurance and due diligence, financial modeling and projection analysis. As the Principal Officer of GT Afghanistan, my responsibilities include business development, supervision and support to technical staff and acting as key resource person on expert level positions of various projects.
He provides engagement leadership of assurance and advisory for multi sectors including financial sectors, energy and infrastructure mandates where he has successfully advised many projects from inception to implementation.
- 1994: Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan
- 1988: Bachelor of Science – Punjab University (Mathematics, Applied mathematics and Physics)